57 Easy Vegetarian Indian Recipes (Dinner Included!)
This collection of 57 easy vegetarian Indian recipes is perfect for dinner. From classic curries to flavorful rice dishes, these recipes are sure to please everyone in the family. With a variety of flavors and ingredients, these recipes are sure to become family favorites.
* 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
* 1 onion, chopped
* 2 cloves garlic, minced
* 1 teaspoon ground cumin
* 1 teaspoon ground coriander
* 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
* 1 teaspoon garam masala
* 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
* 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
* 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
* 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
* 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
* 1 cup frozen peas
* 1/2 cup plain yogurt
* 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
* Salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
2. Add the onion and garlic and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
3. Add the cumin, coriander, turmeric, garam masala, ginger, cinnamon, and cayenne pepper and cook for 1 minute.
4. Add the tomatoes and chickpeas and bring to a simmer.
5. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes.
6. Add the peas and cook for 5 minutes.
7. Stir in the yogurt and cilantro and season with salt and pepper to taste.
8. Serve over cooked rice or with naan bread.
* Calories: 250
* Fat: 8g
* Sodium: 300mg
* Carbohydrates: 33g
* Fiber: 7g
* Protein: 10g