Frilly Lemon Meltaway Cookies
These Frilly Lemon Meltaway Cookies are a delicious and easy-to-make treat. The combination of lemon and buttery cookie is a classic flavor combination that will have your family and friends asking for more. The cookies are light and airy, with a hint of lemon flavor that will make your mouth water. Enjoy these cookies as a snack or dessert, or give them as a gift.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and powdered sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the lemon juice and zest and mix until combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour and salt.
- Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and mix until a dough forms.
- Roll the dough into 1-inch balls and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the edges are lightly golden brown.
- Allow the cookies to cool for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Serving size: 1 cookie