This classic Italian-American sandwich is a delicious and easy meal to make. It’s perfect for a weeknight dinner or a weekend lunch. The combination of savory meatballs, melted cheese, and marinara sauce on a toasted sub roll is sure to please everyone.
* 1 lb ground beef
* 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
* 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
* 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
* 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
* 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
* 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
* 2 tablespoons olive oil
* 1/2 cup marinara sauce
* 4 sub rolls
* 4 slices mozzarella cheese
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. In a large bowl, combine the ground beef, breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, parsley, garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, salt, and pepper. Mix until well combined.
3. Form the mixture into 16 meatballs.
4. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the meatballs and cook until browned on all sides, about 5 minutes.
5. Transfer the meatballs to a baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes.
6. Meanwhile, heat the marinara sauce in a small saucepan over medium heat.
7. Split the sub rolls and place them on a baking sheet. Top each roll with a slice of mozzarella cheese.
8. Place the baking sheet in the oven and bake until the cheese is melted, about 5 minutes.
9. To assemble the subs, place 4 meatballs on each roll. Top with the marinara sauce and serve.
* Calories: 590
* Fat: 28g
* Carbohydrates: 44g
* Protein: 37g
* Sodium: 890mg
* Cholesterol: 95mg