The Best Finnish Christmas Cookie You’ve Never Heard Of
This recipe for Finnish Christmas cookies is sure to be a hit at your holiday gathering. These cookies are made with a combination of butter, sugar, and spices, and are sure to be a hit with everyone. They are easy to make and can be enjoyed all season long.
– 1 cup butter, softened
– 1 cup sugar
– 2 eggs
– 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
– 1 teaspoon ground ginger
– 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
– 2 cups all-purpose flour
– 1 teaspoon baking powder
– 1/2 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
3. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the spices.
4. In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
5. Gradually stir the dry ingredients into the creamed mixture.
6. Roll the dough into 1 inch balls and place them on an ungreased cookie sheet.
7. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes in the preheated oven.
8. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
– Calories: 120
– Fat: 6g
– Cholesterol: 25mg
– Sodium: 90mg
– Carbohydrates: 15g
– Protein: 2g