Cranberry Orange Slice and Bake Cookies
These Cranberry Orange Slice and Bake Cookies are a delicious combination of tart cranberries and sweet oranges. The cookies are easy to make and require no baking. They are perfect for a quick snack or dessert.
– 1/2 cup butter, softened
– 1/2 cup granulated sugar
– 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
– 1 egg
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
– 1/2 teaspoon orange extract
– 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
– 1 teaspoon baking soda
– 1/2 teaspoon salt
– 1/2 cup dried cranberries
– 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
– 1/2 cup orange marmalade
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. In a large bowl, cream together butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
3. Beat in egg, vanilla extract, and orange extract until combined.
4. In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt.
5. Gradually add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix until combined.
6. Stir in cranberries, walnuts, and orange marmalade until evenly distributed.
7. Divide dough into two equal parts and shape each part into a log about 1 1/2 inches in diameter.
8. Wrap each log in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
9. Slice logs into 1/4 inch thick slices and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
10. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
11. Let cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
– Calories: 140
– Fat: 6g
– Sodium: 95mg
– Carbohydrates: 19g
– Fiber: 1g
– Protein: 2g