Cookies and Cream Macarons
These Cookies and Cream Macarons are a delicious and unique twist on the classic French macaron. The combination of crunchy cookie pieces and creamy filling make for a delightful treat that is sure to please. With a few simple ingredients and a few easy steps, you can make these delicious macarons in no time.
- 2/3 cup almond flour
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 large egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup crushed Oreo cookies
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together almond flour and powdered sugar.
- In a separate bowl, beat egg whites and cream of tartar until soft peaks form. Gradually add in granulated sugar and beat until stiff peaks form.
- Gently fold in almond flour mixture and vanilla extract until combined.
- Fold in crushed Oreo cookies.
- Using a pastry bag, pipe 1-inch circles onto the prepared baking sheet. Tap the baking sheet on the counter to remove any air bubbles.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until lightly golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely.
- In a medium bowl, beat heavy cream and powdered sugar until stiff peaks form.
- Spread cream onto one macaron and top with another to form a sandwich.
Serving size: 1 macaron