Vegan Apple Cake – Plant Based School
This vegan apple cake is a delicious and healthy treat that is perfect for a plant-based school. It is made with whole wheat flour, apples, and other natural ingredients, and is free of dairy, eggs, and refined sugar. The cake is moist and flavorful, and is sure to be a hit with students and teachers alike.
– 2 cups whole wheat flour
– 1 teaspoon baking powder
– 1 teaspoon baking soda
– 1/2 teaspoon salt
– 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
– 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
– 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
– 1/2 cup maple syrup
– 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
– 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
– 2 cups peeled and diced apples
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease an 8-inch round cake pan and set aside.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together the coconut oil, maple syrup, applesauce, and vanilla extract.
4. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
5. Fold in the diced apples.
6. Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan and spread evenly.
7. Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
8. Let cool for 10 minutes before serving.
– Calories: 200
– Fat: 8g
– Carbohydrates: 30g
– Protein: 3g
– Fiber: 3g