Vegetarian Sweet Potato Sushi
This vegetarian sweet potato sushi is a delicious and healthy alternative to traditional sushi. It’s easy to make and requires only a few simple ingredients. The sweet potato adds a unique flavor and texture to the sushi, making it a great option for vegetarians and vegans. Plus, it’s packed with nutrients and vitamins, making it a great addition to any meal.
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cut into thin strips
- 1 cup cooked sushi rice
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 sheet of nori (seaweed)
- Optional: soy sauce, wasabi, pickled ginger
- In a medium bowl, combine the rice vinegar, sugar, and salt. Stir until the sugar and salt are dissolved.
- Add the cooked sushi rice to the bowl and mix until the rice is evenly coated with the vinegar mixture.
- Lay a sheet of nori on a sushi mat. Spread the sushi rice evenly over the nori, leaving a 1-inch border on one side.
- Arrange the sweet potato strips in a single layer on top of the rice.
- Starting at the end with the 1-inch border, roll the sushi mat tightly, pressing down to form a tight roll.
- Using a sharp knife, cut the roll into 8-10 pieces.
- Serve with soy sauce, wasabi, and pickled ginger, if desired.
Serving size: 1 piece of sushi