20 Best Depression Era Recipes Ever
The Great Depression was a difficult time for many people, but it also gave rise to some of the most delicious and creative recipes. From hearty soups and stews to simple desserts, these 20 recipes are sure to bring back memories of the Depression era.
* 2 cups of all-purpose flour
* 1 teaspoon of baking powder
* 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
* 1/2 teaspoon of salt
* 1/2 cup of butter
* 1/2 cup of sugar
* 2 eggs
* 1/2 cup of milk
* 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
3. In a separate bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
4. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the milk and vanilla extract.
5. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined.
6. Grease a 9×13 inch baking pan and pour the batter into the pan.
7. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
8. Let cool before serving.
* Calories: 250
* Fat: 11g
* Carbohydrates: 33g
* Protein: 4g
* Sodium: 250mg