10 Quick and Easy Sunday Dinner Ideas for After Church
Sunday dinner is a great way to end the weekend and spend time with family and friends. Here are 10 quick and easy Sunday dinner ideas that are perfect for after church.
* 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
* 2 tablespoons olive oil
* 2 cloves garlic, minced
* 1 teaspoon dried oregano
* 1 teaspoon dried basil
* 1 teaspoon dried thyme
* Salt and pepper, to taste
* 2 cups cooked white rice
* 2 cups cooked vegetables
* 2 tablespoons butter
* 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
* 2 cups chicken broth
* 1/2 cup heavy cream
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Place chicken breasts in a baking dish.
3. In a small bowl, mix together olive oil, garlic, oregano, basil, thyme, salt, and pepper.
4. Pour the mixture over the chicken and rub it in.
5. Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
6. Meanwhile, prepare the rice and vegetables according to package instructions.
7. In a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium heat.
8. Add flour and whisk until combined.
9. Slowly add chicken broth and whisk until combined.
10. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
11. Add heavy cream and stir until combined.
12. Serve chicken with rice, vegetables, and cream sauce.
* Calories: 590
* Fat: 28g
* Carbohydrates: 51g
* Protein: 33g
* Sodium: 590mg
* Fiber: 4g