If you’ve been searching for the perfect scratch Yellow Cake recipe, look no further. Today we’re excited to share a perfectly fluffy, moist and flavor-packed scratch Yellow Cake recipe with you.
Just look at this beautiful Yellow Cake!! Ahhhhh….
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup (242 g) milk
- 2 teaspoons (8g) vanilla extract (If making a coconut cake, add an additional 1 teaspoon coconut extract)
- 2 Tablespoons (18 g) vegetable oil
- 2 1/2 cups (285 g) cake flour
- 1 1/2 cups (300 g) granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon (6 g) salt
- 2 1/2 teaspoons (12 g) baking powder
- 1 1/2 sticks (12 T) (169 g) unsalted butter, softened (do not soften in the microwave) I cut into 1/2 inch slices onto waxed paper to soften slightly, it should remain cool for good results. If it becomes too soft, just refrigerate for 5 minutes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour two 8 inch pans.
- *This recipe uses the Reverse Creaming Method
- In a bowl, combine eggs, milk, flavorings (if making a coconut cake, add an additional teaspoon of coconut), and vegetable oil.
- In the bowl of your mixer, combine flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder.