Winter Inspired Perfect For Sunday Dinner Ideas
This winter inspired Sunday dinner is sure to be a hit with the whole family. It’s a hearty and comforting meal that is easy to make and full of flavor. The combination of roasted vegetables, creamy mashed potatoes, and savory gravy will make this a meal to remember.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1/4 cup red wine
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 4 cups mashed potatoes
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add garlic, onion, carrots, celery, thyme, rosemary, sage, salt, and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add ground beef and cook, stirring and breaking up the meat, until no longer pink, about 5 minutes.
- Add beef broth, red wine, tomato paste, and Worcestershire sauce. Bring to a simmer and cook until liquid is reduced by half, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in flour and butter until combined. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir in parsley and transfer mixture to a 9×13 inch baking dish.
- Spread mashed potatoes over the top of the beef mixture. Bake in preheated oven until potatoes are golden brown, about 30 minutes.
- Serve hot.
Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe (about 1 cup)
Total Fat: 19.3g
Saturated Fat: 8.2g
Total Carbohydrates: 37.3g
Dietary Fiber: 4.2g