Vegetarian Shepherd’s Pie
This vegetarian shepherd’s pie is a hearty and comforting dish that is sure to please everyone. It is made with a savory vegetable and lentil filling, topped with creamy mashed potatoes, and baked until golden and bubbly. It is a great way to use up any leftover vegetables you have in the fridge, and is a great way to get your family to eat their vegetables.
– 2 tablespoons olive oil
– 1 onion, diced
– 2 cloves garlic, minced
– 2 carrots, diced
– 2 celery stalks, diced
– 1 cup mushrooms, diced
– 1 cup cooked lentils
– 1 teaspoon dried thyme
– 1 teaspoon dried oregano
– 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
– 1/2 teaspoon salt
– 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
– 1/2 cup vegetable broth
– 2 tablespoons tomato paste
– 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
– 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
– 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
– 4 cups mashed potatoes
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion, garlic, carrots, celery, and mushrooms and cook until vegetables are softened, about 5 minutes.
3. Add lentils, thyme, oregano, smoked paprika, salt, and pepper and cook for another 2 minutes.
4. Add vegetable broth, tomato paste, flour, nutritional yeast, and parsley and stir to combine. Cook for another 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. Transfer vegetable mixture to a 9×13 inch baking dish.
6. Spread mashed potatoes over the top of the vegetable mixture.
7. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and bubbly.
8. Let cool for 10 minutes before serving.
– Calories: 300
– Fat: 8g
– Carbohydrates: 44g
– Protein: 11g
– Fiber: 8g