Baked Vegan Zucchini Cakes crisp to a golden brown with a fresh herbal taste. Dollop them with vegan lemon cream for the ultimate complement of flavors!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Total time: 40 minutes
Servings: 6 Servings
• 3 medium zucchini (4 cups grated)
• 2 teaspoons sea salt finely ground (divided)
• 2 tablespoons golden flaxseed meal (plus 6 tablespoons filtered water)
• 1/4 cup fresh parsley chopped
• 1/4 cup fresh cilantro chopped
• 1/3 cup sweet onion (chopped fine)
• 1/4 teaspoon granulated garlic
• 1/8 teaspoon black pepper finely ground
• 1/4 cup coconut flour
• Vegan Lemon Cream *Optional* (optimal if made and refrigerated in advance)
• 1 cup raw cashews (soaked)
• 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons plant-based milk (I use cashew milk)
• 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (more or less to taste)
• 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
• 3/4 teaspoon sea salt finely ground (a little more may be added if desired)
• Grate zucchini with food processor or box grater. Place in colander, sprinkle with one teaspoon sea salt and mix with hands. Set aside. (Place in sink or on towel as liquid will come out the bottom.)
• Mix flax with six tablespoons filtered water, set aside. Chop herbs and onion.
• After at least 10 minutes, squeeze excess fluids from zucchini in handfuls and place on a handtowel. Wring out excess moisture in handtowel. Place zucchini in large mixing bowl.
• . . .
• . . .
Read More this full recipes at Vegan Zucchini Cakes (Gluten-free, Plant-based, Oil-free)