This classic bar food served with vegan blue cheese dip and all! Make ahead recipe. Perfect for Superbowl Sunday, game night, or a party appetizer.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes
Total time: 55 minutes
Servings: 4 Servings
• For the seitan wings:
• 1 recipe Vegan Seitan Tenders, cut into wing sized pieces *see step 1
• 2 tablespoons light oil (such as canola or vegetable), more if needed
• Sticky garlic sauce:
• 6 cloves garlic, minced
• 1/3 cup agave, maple syrup or corn syrup
• 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
• 2 tablespoons soy sauce
• 1/2 tablespoon corn starch
• Spicy buffalo sauce:
• 1/3 cup Franks red hot (or similar hot sauce)
• 2 tablespoons vegan butter, melted
• Make the recipe for Vegan Seitan Tenders. Instead of forming the seitan into oval shapes, use scissors to cut the dough into small wing sized pieces (they will almost double in size, so keep them on the smaller size). One batch of seitan tenders should make about 25 to 30 wing sized pieces.
• Spread the pieces out on a well-greased steamer basket. Use spray oil to generously coat the seitan bites to stop them from sticking to each other as you layer them. Steam at a simmer for 25 minutes. The seitan bites will merge together into one lump, but don’t worry, let the seitan cool and shrink up a bit. Once cool you will be able to pull apart the seitan bites from each other. If any stick, simply use a knife or scissors to cut pieces.
• Alternatively, if you have already prepared Vegan Seitan Tenders, you can use a knife or scissors to chop the tenders into wing sized pieces.
• . . .
• . . .
Read More this full recipes at Vegan Seitan Bites – Sticky Garlic and Buffalo