Vegan Dal Makhani: One Pot Contentment Cooking in 2020
, Vegan recipes
Vegan Dal Makhani
– 1 cup of dried black lentils
– 1 cup of dried kidney beans
– 2 tablespoons of olive oil
– 1 teaspoon of cumin seeds
– 1 teaspoon of coriander powder
– 1 teaspoon of garam masala
– 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder
– 1 teaspoon of red chili powder
– 1 teaspoon of amchur powder
– 1 teaspoon of salt
– 1 large onion, finely chopped
– 2 cloves of garlic, minced
– 1 inch piece of ginger, minced
– 2 tomatoes, chopped
– 2 tablespoons of tomato paste
– 2 tablespoons of vegan butter
– 2 tablespoons of vegan cream
– 2 tablespoons of chopped cilantro
1. Soak the lentils and kidney beans overnight in a large bowl of water.
2. Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the cumin seeds and cook for 1 minute.
3. Add the onion, garlic, and ginger and cook for 3-4 minutes until the onion is softened.
4. Add the coriander powder, garam masala, turmeric powder, red chili powder, amchur powder, and salt and cook for 1 minute.
5. Add the tomatoes and tomato paste and cook for 3-4 minutes until the tomatoes are softened.
6. Add the soaked lentils and kidney beans and 4 cups of water. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat to low, and simmer for 25-30 minutes until the lentils and beans are cooked through.
7. Add the vegan butter and cream and stir to combine. Simmer for 5 minutes.
8. Garnish with chopped cilantro and serve. Enjoy!