Unusual Recipes from Oakton School: A Collection for the Parent-Teacher Association
Apple Pie with a Twist
– 2 cups all-purpose flour
– 1 teaspoon baking powder
– 1/2 teaspoon salt
– 1/2 cup butter, softened
– 1/2 cup white sugar
– 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
– 2 eggs
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
– 2 cups peeled and diced apples
– 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
– 1/2 cup raisins
– 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
– 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9 inch pie plate.
2. In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
3. In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla. Gradually stir in the flour mixture until just blended.
4. In a separate bowl, mix together the apples, walnuts, raisins, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
5. Spread half of the batter into the prepared pie plate. Top with the apple mixture, then spread the remaining batter over the top.
6. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Allow to cool before serving. Enjoy!