These Toffee Bars are the quickest, easiest, and most delicious to make…ever! This bar is the perfect marriage of toffee crust, chocolate, and pecans. This pan of bars never lasts very long when made. These bars also freeze very well, so it is the perfect choice if you are looking for a “make …
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips or 3 Hershey’s chocolate bars
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans or your favorite nut
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Spray a 9-inch square pan and line with parchment paper.
- Cream butter and sugar together in a large mixing bowl.
- Beat in egg yolk and vanilla extract.
- Gradually mix in flour and salt.
- Press dough into prepared baking dish and bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until set.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips over the top and return to the oven for an additional minute.
- Remove from the oven and use an offset spatula to spread the chocolate evenly over the top of the bars.
- Sprinkle with chopped pecans.
- Use a pizza cutter to score into bars and then let cool on a wire rack.
- Once cool, remove from the pan and cut into bars.
- Store in an airtight container.