Traditional Toad in the Hole Recipe
Toad in the Hole is a classic British dish that is made with sausages baked in a Yorkshire pudding batter. This traditional recipe is easy to make and is sure to be a hit with the whole family.
– 8 pork sausages
– 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
– 2 large eggs
– 200ml of milk
– 200g of plain flour
– 1 teaspoon of salt
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas Mark 6.
2. Place the sausages in a roasting tin and drizzle with the vegetable oil. Place in the oven and cook for 15 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, flour and salt until you have a smooth batter.
4. Remove the sausages from the oven and pour the batter over them. Return to the oven and cook for a further 25 minutes, or until the batter is golden brown and cooked through.
5. Serve hot with your favourite accompaniments.
– Calories: 590
– Fat: 33g
– Carbohydrates: 44g
– Protein: 24g