Chicken Adobo | The Modern Proper
Chicken Adobo is a classic Filipino dish that is easy to make and full of flavor. This version of the dish is made with chicken thighs, garlic, soy sauce, and vinegar, and is cooked in a skillet on the stovetop. The result is a savory and slightly tangy dish that is sure to please. Serve it with steamed rice and a side of vegetables for a complete meal.
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken thighs, garlic, soy sauce, vinegar, and black pepper. Mix until the chicken is evenly coated.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and marinade to the skillet and cook for 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the chicken is cooked through.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the sauce has thickened and the chicken is cooked through.
- Serve the chicken adobo with steamed rice and a side of vegetables.
Serving size: 1/4 of the recipe (about 4 ounces of chicken)