I finally found the recipe to recreate those yummy nostalgic peanut butter bars from back in my elementary school days. I didn’t like most of the things served on those cafeteria trays, but t…
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, whatever you have
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar light or dark, again whatever you have
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups peanut butter
- 2- 1/2 cups confectioners sugar
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Place all ingredients (except chocolate chips) in a large microwave safe bowl. Microwave until butter and peanut butter are melted, one to two minutes (time will vary by microwave).
- Remove from microwave and use a large spoon to stir all of the ingredients together (except chocolate chips) until they form a ball of dough that leaves the side of the bowl. Pat into a 9×13 pan.
- Pour chocolate chips into another microwave safe bowl and microwave at 30 second intervals, stirring after each, until completely melted. Spoon over top of peanut butter mixture and spread evenly.
- Allow to cool completely at room temperature until chocolate hardens again or place in the refrigerator for faster hardening. Cut into squares and serve to some awfully happy people!