- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Combine the flour, baking soda and salt in a small bowl.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time, mixing until each is fully incorporated.
- Gradually blend in the dry ingredients.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and walnuts (if desired).
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake for 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
Serving size: 1 cookie (28g)
- Calories: 140
- Total Fat: 7g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Cholesterol: 20mg
- Sodium: 90mg
- Total Carbohydrate: 17g
- Dietary Fiber: 1g
- Sugars: 11g
- Protein: 2g
Additional Tips and Variations
For a richer flavor, try substituting dark chocolate chips for the semi-sweet chips. You can also add a teaspoon of cinnamon or nutmeg for a unique twist. For a crunchier cookie, bake for an extra minute or two. For a softer cookie, bake for a minute or two less.