Feeling the effects of winter? Try these ten immune-boosting soup recipes to combat illness without sacrificing flavor. For more recipes, go to Domino.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 1/2 cup chopped carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup thinly sliced mushrooms
- 3/4 cup chopped bell pepper
- 1 cup quartered zucchini (cut lengthwise, then in half again and chopped)
- 4 cups low sodium vegetable stock
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon whole fennel seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- In a medium to large stock pot over low to medium heat add olive oil, garlic, onions, carrots and celery. Saute until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add additional vegetables — mushrooms, bell pepper and zucchini — and all spices and continue to saute over medium heat until just softened, about another 5 minutes.
- Once vegetables are just tender to fork add low sodium vegetable stock and bring to a boil.
- Serve warm.