The Art of Making Lefse: A Tribute to My Mother
My Mother’s Lefse
– 4 cups all-purpose flour
– 1 teaspoon baking powder
– 1 teaspoon salt
– 1 cup butter, melted
– 1 cup milk
– 2 tablespoons sugar
1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and salt.
2. In a separate bowl, mix together the melted butter, milk, and sugar.
3. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until a soft dough forms.
4. Divide the dough into 12 equal pieces and roll each piece into a ball.
5. On a lightly floured surface, roll each ball into a thin circle.
6. Heat a griddle or large skillet over medium heat.
7. Place the lefse on the griddle and cook for 1-2 minutes on each side, or until lightly browned.
8. Serve warm with butter and sugar, or your favorite topping. Enjoy!