An easy Middle Eastern salad made with fresh parsley, mint, bulgar wheat, tomatoes, cucumbers and a simple olive oil and lemon dressing.
- 1/2 cup bulgur wheat
- 1 cup vegetable stock or water
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 pint grape tomatoes quartered
- 1 English cucumber chopped
- 2 bunches parsley stems removed, chopped
- 8 fresh mint leaves stems removed, chopped
- 1 clove garlic grated or finely minced
- ¼ cup green onions finely chopped
- Place the bulgur wheat (or quinoa) in a fine mesh strainer and rinse well. Place in heat safe bowl.
- Bring water or vegetable stock to a boil and pour over the bulgur wheat. Soak for 10 minutes. Drain off any excess liquid and fluff bulgur wheat with a fork.
- In a small bowl combine lemon juice, salt and olive oil. Using a microplane grater, grate the garlic cloves directly over the dressing. Stir to combine.
- Add tomatoes, cucumbers, onions, parsley, mint and dressing to the bulgur wheat and mix to combine.
- Cover the tabbouleh and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving