Strawberry Glazed Donuts
These delicious donuts are a perfect treat for any occasion. The combination of the sweet glaze and the tart strawberries make for a delightful flavor. The donuts are easy to make and can be enjoyed by the whole family.
* 2 cups all-purpose flour
* 2 teaspoons baking powder
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1/2 cup granulated sugar
* 2 large eggs
* 1/2 cup milk
* 2 tablespoons melted butter
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 1/2 cup strawberry jam
* 2 tablespoons butter
* 2 tablespoons cornstarch
* 1/2 cup powdered sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, melted butter, and vanilla extract.
4. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
5. Grease a donut pan with butter or cooking spray.
6. Fill the donut pan with the batter, about 3/4 full.
7. Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
8. Allow the donuts to cool for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
9. In a small saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat.
10. Add the strawberry jam and cornstarch and stir until combined.
11. Simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
12. Dip the cooled donuts into the glaze and place on a wire rack to set.
13. Sprinkle with powdered sugar, if desired.
* Calories: 200
* Fat: 8g
* Sodium: 200mg
* Carbohydrates: 28g
* Protein: 3g