Lamb Rogan Josh
Rogan Josh is a classic Indian dish that is full of flavor and spice. This recipe is a delicious version of the traditional dish, made with lamb, tomatoes, and a variety of spices. Serve with basmati rice or naan bread for a complete meal.
– 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
– 2 pounds boneless lamb, cut into 1-inch cubes
– 1 large onion, chopped
– 2 cloves garlic, minced
– 2 tablespoons freshly grated ginger
– 2 teaspoons ground cumin
– 2 teaspoons ground coriander
– 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
– 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
– 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
– 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
– 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
– 1/2 cup plain yogurt
– 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
– Salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
2. Add the lamb cubes and cook until browned on all sides, about 5 minutes.
3. Add the onion, garlic, and ginger and cook until the onion is softened, about 5 minutes.
4. Stir in the cumin, coriander, turmeric, cardamom, cinnamon, and cayenne pepper and cook for 1 minute.
5. Add the tomatoes and bring to a simmer.
6. Reduce the heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the lamb is tender, about 30 minutes.
7. Stir in the yogurt and cilantro and season with salt and pepper to taste.
8. Serve with basmati rice or naan bread.
– Calories: 437
– Fat: 24.3g
– Carbohydrates: 16.2g
– Protein: 37.2g
– Sodium: 517mg