Sharing is caring!S’mores Cookie Bars are layered with graham crackers, cookie dough with marshmallows, and topped with chocolate bar pieces. It’s an ooey gooey melty chocolate s’mores treat!Summer and s’mores go hand in hand. There’s nothing like that crunchy, melty, chocolatey campfire treat.If you’re not a camper, or hate smelling like campfires, you can still enjoy those s’mores flavors in these s’mores cookie bars.
S’MORES COOKIE BARS
This dessert is a combination of s’mores and chocolate chip cookies. It’s easier to eat than traditional s’mores and way less messy, although not completely mess free if you decide to eat them warm. (Definitely recommended and preferred!)Plus you don’t need to know how to start a fire to enjoy the toasted marshmallows sprinkled on top.S’mores cookie bars combine the three key elements of s’mores:
- There is a layer of graham crackers on the bottom. Just like the base of campfire s’mores. It provides a nice sturdy layer to hold onto while eating.
- Then there is a layer of chocolate chip cookie dough with marshmallows folded right in. Place a few extra marshmallows on top before baking for that toasted marshmallow factor.
- After the cookie bars have been baked, Hershey’s chocolate bar pieces are placed on top get all melty.
You can enjoy these gooey chocolate chip cookie bars with marshmallows while still warm, or make them ahead of time. They are great for any get together because kids and adults alike love them.
BAKING AND STORAGE
You can grease a pan and bake these as usual, but I like to use parchment paper to make it super easy to lift the bars out of the pan and cut them while still warm.Storage: Store s’mores cookie bars at room temperature in an airtight container or in the baking pan covered with plastic wrap.You may store the bars in the refrigerator if you want the chocolate bars on top to set back up completely, otherwise they may remain soft. Especially in the hot summer months when your kitchen is warmer.
If you like these s’mores cookie bars, you’ll also love these s’mores desserts:FOLLOW ME on PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, OR INSTAGRAM for more great recipes!
- 7-8 graham crackers (full, unbroken rectangles)
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- 2 regular sized (1.55oz) Hershey’s Milk Chocolate Bars, broken into squares
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a 13×9-inch pan with parchment paper, leaving a 2-inch overhang on the sides.
- Place graham crackers in a layer covering the full pan, breaking graham crackers into sections as needed to fit properly.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer with the paddle attachment, cream together the butter and both sugars. Add eggs and vanilla. Mix and scrape bowl.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, salt and baking soda. Add the flour mixture, chocolate chips, and mini marshmallows to the butter mixture. Mix until just combined.
- Evenly distribute the dough on top of the graham crackers and press flat. Top with additional mini marshmallows if desired.
- Bake at 375˚F for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean from the center. Cover with foil if cookie dough browns faster than center bakes.
- Remove from oven and place chocolate bar pieces on top while still warm. Allow to cool for 20-30 minutes before lifting bars out of pan to cut and serve. NOTE: Chocolate bars may stay quite soft and melty at room temperature.
- Store at room temperature in an airtight container or in the baking pan covered with plastic wrap. May store in the refrigerator if you want the chocolate bars to set back up completely, otherwise they may remain soft.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.*Originally published 7/24/12. Updated 8/30/20.
Subscribe via Email
get new recipes free via email: