Easy Crème Brûlée
Crème Brûlée is a classic French dessert that is surprisingly easy to make. This recipe is a simple version that requires only a few ingredients and minimal effort. The result is a creamy custard topped with a crunchy caramelized sugar layer that is sure to impress.
– 2 cups heavy cream
– 6 egg yolks
– 1/2 cup sugar
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
– 1/4 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat oven to 325°F.
2. In a medium saucepan, heat cream over medium heat until it just begins to simmer.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk together egg yolks, sugar, vanilla extract, and salt until combined.
4. Slowly pour the hot cream into the egg mixture, whisking constantly.
5. Strain the mixture through a fine-mesh sieve into a large bowl.
6. Divide the mixture among 6 ramekins.
7. Place the ramekins in a baking dish and fill the dish with enough hot water to come halfway up the sides of the ramekins.
8. Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until the custards are just set.
9. Remove the ramekins from the baking dish and let cool to room temperature.
10. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
11. When ready to serve, sprinkle each custard with 1 tablespoon of sugar.
12. Using a kitchen torch, caramelize the sugar until it is golden brown.
– Calories: 437
– Fat: 33g
– Carbohydrates: 28g
– Protein: 6g
– Sodium: 166mg