Let me just tell you something, they were amazing! I don’t meant to toot my own horn, but dang they were good. They literally fell off the bone as I was trying to take them out of the slow cooker.
- 3 -4 pounds beef short ribs
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 4 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 15 ounces tomato sauce
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1/2 tablespoon onion powder
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil (or regular oil)
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 -4 sprigs fresh thyme
- Sprinkle the short ribs with salt, pepper and onion powder. In large pan over medium-high heat, melt the coconut oil. Once the coconut oil is melted, add the short ribs.Cook on for 3-4 minutes or until browned. Flip and cook the other side for 3-4 minutes or brown. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add garlic to the pan and cook for 1 minute or until fragrant. Pour into a small bowl and set aside.
- In medium-large bowl mix together the broth, tomato sauce, Worcestershire sauce, and honey. Whisk to combine.
- If cooking right away: Add ribs, broth mixture and cooked garlic to the bowl of a slow cooker. Add thyme. Cook on low for 7-9 hours.
- If making this into a freezer meal: Place the short ribs into a large gallon sized freezer bag, add in the broth mixture, cooked garlic and thyme. Place into freezer and freeze. When ready to cook, add everything to a slow cooker and cook on low for 7-9 hours.
- I served ours ontop of a bed of garlic mashed potatoes and along side steamed broccoli.