Savory Sweet Potato Black Bean Quesadillas
– 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
– 1 tablespoon olive oil
– 1 teaspoon chili powder
– 1 teaspoon cumin
– 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
– 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
– 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
– 1/4 teaspoon salt
– 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
– 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
– 4 large flour tortillas
– 1 cup shredded cheese
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Place diced sweet potatoes on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, onion powder, smoked paprika, salt, and pepper. Toss to combine.
3. Bake for 20-25 minutes, stirring once halfway through, until potatoes are tender.
4. Meanwhile, heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add black beans and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. To assemble the quesadillas, place a tortilla on a work surface. Sprinkle with cheese and top with sweet potatoes and black beans. Top with another tortilla.
6. Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Place quesadilla in the skillet and cook for 3-4 minutes per side, until cheese is melted and tortillas are golden brown.
7. Cut into wedges and serve. Enjoy!