Brownie Cookies from Sarah Kieffer’s 100 Cookies
These Brownie Cookies from Sarah Kieffer’s 100 Cookies are a delicious combination of a chewy brownie and a soft cookie. The combination of cocoa powder, chocolate chips, and walnuts creates a rich and decadent treat that is sure to please.
– 2 cups all-purpose flour
– 1/2 cup cocoa powder
– 1 teaspoon baking powder
– 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
– 1/2 teaspoon salt
– 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
– 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
– 2 large eggs
– 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
– 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
– 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
3. In a large bowl, beat the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
4. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
5. Add the vanilla extract and mix until combined.
6. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined.
7. Stir in the chocolate chips and walnuts.
8. Drop the dough by heaping tablespoonfuls onto the prepared baking sheets, leaving about 2 inches between each cookie.
9. Bake for 12-14 minutes, or until the edges are set and the centers are still slightly soft.
10. Let cool on the baking sheets for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
– Calories: 140
– Fat: 8g
– Saturated Fat: 5g
– Cholesterol: 25mg
– Sodium: 70mg
– Carbohydrates: 16g
– Fiber: 1g
– Sugar: 10g
– Protein: 2g