Friday! We made it! I’ve been a total slacker on posting lately – I don’t know what happened, but we all of a sudden got wayyy busier than we’ve been since we moved to Austin. I think it’s good though. We needed a bit of a break after moving to get settled and just take a breath, but now we’re back into the craziness of life and loving it. Well, most of the time. Just not when I don’t get to talk to you guys for a week because I have a hard time finding a few minutes to post these beauties!
- 10 ounces frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 8 ounces ricotta cheese
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 ounce Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten with 2 tablespoons water, plus 1 large egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced fresh oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 lbpizza dough
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees.
- Combine spinach, ricotta, mozzarella, oil, egg yolk, garlic powder, oregano, pepper flakes, and salt in a large bowl.
- Place dough on lightly floured surface and divide into 4 even pieces.
- With a rolling pin or your hands, flatten each piece into a 7 inch round on a piece of parchment paper.
- Spread 1/4 of spinach filling evenly over half of each dough round, making sure to leave a 1 inch border around the edge.