Classic leek and potato soup is a creamy winter warmer.
The ingredient of Leek and potato soup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 50g butter
- 1 leek, trimmed, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 500g desiree potatoes, peeled, roughly chopped
- 1 spring onion, thinly sliced on the diagonal
- Sour cream, to serve
- Toasted crusty bread (optional), to serve
The instruction how to make Leek and potato soup
- Heat oil and butter in a large, heavy-based saucepan over high heat. Add leek and garlic, and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until leek is softened. Add potatoes and cook, stirring occasionally, for a further 5 minutes.
- Add 1L water to pan and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to lowu2013medium and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 25 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Using a stick blender, blend leek and potato mixture in saucepan until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
- Ladle soup among bowls and sprinkle over spring onions. Top with a swirl of sour cream and serve with toasted crusty bread, if using.
Nutritions of Leek and potato soupcalories: