Bowl the kids over by whipping up this warm winter pumpkin soup.
The ingredient of Pumpkin soup with hidden treasures
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 medium brown onion, chopped
- 1kg butternut pumpkin, peeled, chopped
- 3 cups Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 200g fresh cheese and vegetable mini ravioli pasta
- 1/4 cup pure cream
- Finely chopped fresh chives, to serve
The instruction how to make Pumpkin soup with hidden treasures
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until onion has softened. Add pumpkin, stock and 1 cup cold water. Cover. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer, partially covered, for 15 to 20 minutes or until pumpkin is tender. Remove from heat. Remove lid. Set aside for 5 minutes to cool slightly.
- Blend pumpkin mixture, in batches, until smooth. Return soup to pan over medium heat. Bring to a simmer. Add pasta. Cook for 3 minutes or until pasta is just tender. Stir in cream. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until heated through. Season with pepper. Ladle into bowls. Sprinkle with chives and serve.
Nutritions of Pumpkin soup with hidden treasurescalories: 364.714 calories
calories: 11.7 grams fat
calories: 5.5 grams saturated fat
calories: 52.9 grams carbohydrates
calories: 13.6 grams protein
calories: 21 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 842 milligrams sodium