Feed your family this hearty spinach and potato soup.
The ingredient of Spinach & potato soup
- 1 leek, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 litre (4 cups) Massel vegetable liquid stock
- 2 cups (500ml) water
- 400g coliban potatoes, peeled, chopped
- 2 bunches English spinach, trimmed, chopped
- Swirl of thickened cream, to serve
- Purchased croutons or warm crusty roll, to serve
The instruction how to make Spinach & potato soup
- Saute 1 leek, chopped, and 3 garlic cloves, crushed, in 1 tablespoon olive oil in a saucepan. Stir in 1 tablespoon ground cumin. Add 1 litre (4 cups) vegetable stock, 2 cups (500ml) water, 400g coliban potatoes, peeled, chopped. Bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium and simmer uncovered, for 15-20 minutes or until the potato is tender. Stir in 2 bunches English spinach, trimmed, chopped, until bright green in colour and wilted. Cool slightly. Place soup in a food processor and process until smooth.
- Return the spinach & potato soup to the saucepan and stir gently over a low heat until heated through. Ladle into serving bowls and serve with a swirl of thickened cream and scattered with purchased croutons, or with a warm crusty roll on the side.
Nutritions of Spinach & potato soupcalories: 126.192 calories
calories: 5 grams fat
calories: 1 grams saturated fat
calories: 13 grams carbohydrates
calories: 2 grams sugar
calories: 6 grams protein
calories: 736.16 milligrams sodium