Warm up with a hearty bowl of tomato and lentil soup. Roasting the tomatoes first makes all the difference.
The ingredient of Roasted tomato and lentil soup
- 1.5kg roma tomatoes, halved lengthways
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 6 cups Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 1 1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 400ml can brown lentils, drained, rinsed
- 2 tablespoons basil leaves, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Tamar Valley Greek Style Yoghurt
The instruction how to make Roasted tomato and lentil soup
- Preheat oven to 220u00b0C. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper. Arrange tomatoes, cut side up, on trays. Drizzle with vinegar and 2 tablespoons oil. Season with salt and pepper. Roast tomatoes for 10 minutes. Swap trays over in oven and roast for a further 10 to 15 minutes or until tender. Transfer to a food processor. Process until smooth.
- Heat remaining oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic. Cook, stirring often, for 2 to 3 minutes or until onion is soft. Add tomato paste and cook for 1 minute. Add stock, sugar and roast tomato mixture. Cover and bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat to medium. Simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes. Stir in lentils and simmer for 5 minutes or until heated through. Season with salt and pepper.
- Combine basil and yoghurt in a bowl. Ladle soup into warmed bowls. Top with a dollop of basil yoghurt. Serve.
Nutritions of Roasted tomato and lentil soupcalories: 217.251 calories
calories: 12 grams fat
calories: 3 grams saturated fat
calories: 19 grams carbohydrates
calories: 11 grams sugar
calories: 8 grams protein
calories: 881.82 milligrams sodium