Matt Sinclairs take on this Thai coconut soup is filled with prawns and everything delicious!
The ingredient of Matt Sinclair’s Thai coconut soup with prawns recipe
- 2 x 400ml cans coconut cream
- 1L salt-reduced chicken stock
- 2 stems lemongrass, halved, bruised
- 2.5cm-piece ginger, peeled, cut into matchsticks
- 2 birdseye chillies, halved lengthways
- 1 bunch coriander, leaves picked, roots reserved and bruised
- 5 kaffir lime leaves
- 1kg raw prawns, peeled leaving tails intact, deveined
- 100g oyster mushrooms, torn, or button mushrooms, quartered
- 2 tbs fish sauce
- 1 tbs lime juice
- Pinch of sugar
- Pinch of salt
- Thinly sliced long red chilli, to serve (optional)
The instruction how to make Matt Sinclair’s Thai coconut soup with prawns recipe
- Bring the coconut cream and stock to the boil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add lemongrass, ginger, birdseye chilli and reserved coriander roots. Tear 4 lime leaves and add to the pan. Reduce heat to low and simmer gently for 10 mins.
- Add prawns and mushroom to the pan. Simmer for 2-3 mins or until prawns change colour. Remove from heat.
- Stir in the fish sauce, lime juice, sugar and salt. Taste and add more fish sauce, lime juice, sugar and salt if needed.
- Finely shred remaining kaffir lime leaf. Remove lemongrass from soup and discard. Divide soup among serving bowls. Sprinkle with shredded lime leaf, coriander leaves and chilli, if using.
Nutritions of Matt Sinclair’s Thai coconut soup with prawns recipecalories: 315.48 calories
calories: 25 grams fat
calories: 21 grams saturated fat
calories: 8 grams carbohydrates
calories: 6 grams sugar
calories: 15 grams protein
calories: 1720 milligrams sodium