Weve taken the classic Chinese combo of sweet and sour, and turned it into a meatball noodle soup, ready in 30 minutes.
The ingredient of Sweet and sour chicken meatball soup recipe
- 500g chicken and mushroom sausages
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 100g dried rice vermicelli noodles
- 4 garlic cloves, sliced
- 4cm piece fresh ginger, peeled, finely grated
- 1 red capsicum, chopped
- 1 carrot, halved lengthways, thinly sliced
- 1.5 litres salt-reduced chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon salt-reduced soy sauce
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced diagonally
- Fresh coriander sprigs, to serve
The instruction how to make Sweet and sour chicken meatball soup recipe
- Remove sausages from casings. Combine sausage meat and breadcrumbs in a bowl. Using damp hands, roll level tablespoons of mixture into balls.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add meatballs. Cook, turning occasionally, for 3 minutes or until browned all over. Transfer to a plate.
- Meanwhile, place noodles in a large heatproof bowl. Cover with boiling water. Stand for 5 minutes or until noodles soften. Drain.
- Add garlic, ginger, capsicum and carrot to pan. Cook, stirring, for 30 seconds until fragrant. Add stock, soy sauce, vinegar, tomato sauce and 1 cup water. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium. Simmer for 10 minutes or until reduced slightly. Return meatballs to pan. Cook for 5 minutes or until meatballs are cooked through. Season with salt and pepper.
- Divide noodles among serving bowls. Ladle over soup. Top with onion and coriander. Serve.
Nutritions of Sweet and sour chicken meatball soup recipecalories: 476.088 calories
calories: 16.9 grams fat
calories: 4.8 grams saturated fat
calories: 52.5 grams carbohydrates
calories: 24.1 grams protein
calories: 51 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 1941 milligrams sodium