This quick and easy Chinese soup hits the spot when it comes to flavour! Make it on cold nights when everyone needs a dose of warming up.
The ingredient of Chinese-style long and short soup recipe
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 500g frozen prawn dumplings or pork dumplings
- 4 cups (1L) reduced-salt chicken stock
- 2 tbs reduced-salt soy sauce
- 1 tbs brown sugar
- 5cm-piece ginger, peeled, cut into matchsticks
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 cinnamon sticks or quills
- 2 whole star anise
- 2 strips orange rind
- 1 Coles RSPCA Approved Australian Chicken Breast Fillet
- 90g soba noodles
- 1 bunch baby buk choy, quartered lengthways
- 1 tbs chilli oil or sambal oelek (optional)
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced diagonally
The instruction how to make Chinese-style long and short soup recipe
- Heat half the sesame oil in a large saucepan over high heat. Add the dumplings and cook for 2 mins or until golden underneath. Transfer to a plate.
- Add stock, soy sauce, sugar, ginger, garlic, cinnamon, star anise, orange rind and 2 cups (500ml) water to pan. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Add the chicken. Cook for 15 mins or until cooked through. Transfer the chicken to a plate. Thinly slice the chicken.
- Return dumplings to pan with soba noodles. Cook for 5 mins or until tender. Stir in buk choy. Divide among serving bowls. Drizzle with remaining sesame oil. Top with chicken, chilli oil or sambal oelek, if using, and spring onion.
Nutritions of Chinese-style long and short soup recipecalories: 672.785 calories
calories: 30 grams fat
calories: 10 grams saturated fat
calories: 74 grams carbohydrates
calories: 48 grams sugar
calories: 29 grams protein
calories: 1863 milligrams sodium