This green dish is not only delicious and hearty, you can keep the recipe on hand to pep up other dishes, too!
The ingredient of Green pesto vegetable soup recipe
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 brushed potato, peeled, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 zucchini, finely chopped
- 4 cups (1L) vegetable or chicken stock
- 100g farfalle pasta
- 2 cups (240g) frozen peas
- 1/2 cup (125ml) thickened cream
- u00bd cup basil leaves
- 60g pkt Coles Australian Baby Rocket
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup (40g) pine nuts, toasted
- 1 tbs pepitas (pumpkin seeds), toasted
- 1/3 cup (25g) finely grated parmesan
- 1/3 cup (80ml) olive oil
The instruction how to make Green pesto vegetable soup recipe
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion, potato and garlic and cook, stirring, for 5 mins or until onion softens. Add the zucchini and cook for 2 mins or until tender. Add the stock and increase heat to high. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium and cook for 10 mins or until the potato and zucchini are tender.
- Meanwhile, to make the green pesto, place basil, rocket, garlic, pine nuts, pepitas and parmesan in a food processor. Process until finely chopped. With the motor running, add oil in a thin, steady stream until combined. Season.
- Cook the pasta in a small saucepan of boiling water for 10 mins or until al dente. Add u00bd cup (60g) peas. Cook for 1 min. Drain well. Transfer to a bowl with 1 tbs of pesto and toss to combine.
- Add the remaining peas to the soup. Cook for 5 mins or until heated through. Stir in the cream. Remove from heat. Set aside to cool slightly. Use a stick blender to blend until smooth. Add half the remaining pesto. Stir to combine.
- Divide the soup among serving bowls. Drizzle with the remaining pesto. Top with the pasta mixture.
Nutritions of Green pesto vegetable soup recipecalories: 566.191 calories
calories: 46 grams fat
calories: 13 grams saturated fat
calories: 39 grams carbohydrates
calories: 35 grams sugar
calories: 16 grams protein
calories: 1016 milligrams sodium