Fight coughs and colds with this healthy vegetarian soup. Its packed with leek, a natural prebiotic promoting the growth of good bacteria, and broccoli, full of disease- and cancer-fighting compounds.
The ingredient of Healthy broccoli, zucchini and leek soup with feta and seeds recipe
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, plus extra, to serve
- 1 large leek, white part only, thinly sliced
- 2 large celery sticks, pale leaves reserved, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon rind
- 2 (about 300g) potatoes, peeled, chopped
- 500ml (2 cups) salt-reduced vegetable stock
- 1 large zucchini, chopped
- 450g broccoli, cut into florets
- 75g baby spinach
- 50g creamy feta, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon pepitas, toasted
The instruction how to make Healthy broccoli, zucchini and leek soup with feta and seeds recipe
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add leek and celery. Cook, stirring, for 6-7 minutes or until softened. Add garlic and rind. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until aromatic. Add potato, stock and 500ml (2 cups) water, and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low, partially cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Add zucchini and broccoli. Simmer, partially covered, for 6-7 minutes or until broccoli is tender. Stir in spinach until just wilted.
- Set soup aside to cool slightly before blending, in batches, until smooth. Season. Return to a clean saucepan and heat over medium heat until warmed through. Serve topped with feta, pepitas, reserved celery leaves and a drizzle of extra oil.
Nutritions of Healthy broccoli, zucchini and leek soup with feta and seeds recipecalories: 208.169 calories
calories: 9.5 grams fat
calories: 3 grams saturated fat
calories: 13 grams carbohydrates
calories: 12.5 grams protein