This comforting one-pot soup is full of nourishing ingredients like chicken and ginger, plus its lower in calories to boot.
The ingredient of Healthier creamy chicken noodle soup recipe
- 100g dried rice vermicelli noodles
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 (about 400g) small chicken breast fillets
- 4cm-piece fresh ginger, peeled, julienned
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons yellow curry paste
- 400g sweet potato, peeled, cut into 1.5cm pieces
- 1.5L (6 cups) Massel salt reduced chicken style liquid stock
- 270ml can light coconut cream
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1/2 wombok (Chinese cabbage), thinly shredded
- 2 green shallots, trimmed, very finely sliced
- Fresh coriander sprigs, to serve
- Long fresh red chilli, sliced, to serve (optional)
The instruction how to make Healthier creamy chicken noodle soup recipe
- Place the noodles in a heatproof bowl. Pour over enough boiling water to cover. Set aside for 5-7 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a wok over medium-high heat. Season the chicken and cook for 6 minutes each side or until cooked through. Transfer to a plate and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Add the ginger and garlic to the wok and stir-fry for 1 minute or until softened. Add the curry paste and stir-fry for 30 seconds or until aromatic. Add the sweet potato, stock and coconut cream. Bring to the boil and then reduce heat to low. Simmer for 15-20 minutes to allow the flavours to develop. Stir in the soy sauce.
- While the soup is simmering, slice the chicken. Divide the cabbage and noodles among serving bowls. Pour over the soup and top with sliced chicken, shallot, coriander and chilli, if using.
Nutritions of Healthier creamy chicken noodle soup recipecalories: 387.658 calories
calories: 12.5 grams fat
calories: 7 grams saturated fat
calories: 38 grams carbohydrates
calories: 28 grams protein
calories: 1669 milligrams sodium