This comforting lentil, bacon and vegetable soup is great for those chilly nights to fill you up and keep you warm.
The ingredient of Hearty lentil, bacon and vegetable soup recipe
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 middle bacon rashers, trimmed, finely chopped
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 250g butternut pumpkin, peeled, cut into 1.5cm pieces
- 1 large carrot, cut into 1.5cm pieces
- 300g desiree potatoes, peeled, cut into 1.5cm pieces
- 1 celery stalk, cut into 1.5cm pieces
- 3/4 cup dried red lentils, rinsed, drained
- 1.5 litres salt-reduced chicken stock
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- 400g can brown lentils, drained, rinsed
- 400g can borlotti beans, drained, rinsed
- 75g chopped kale and spinach mix
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Shaved parmesan, to serve
- Toasted bread, to serve
The instruction how to make Hearty lentil, bacon and vegetable soup recipe
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add bacon, onion, garlic and rosemary. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until onion softens.
- Add pumpkin, carrot, potato, celery and red lentils. Stir to coat. Add stock and thyme. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to mediumlow. Simmer, uncovered, for 25 minutes or until red lentils are tender and beginning to break down. Add brown lentils and beans. Cook for 5 minutes or until beans are heated through. Discard thyme.
- Stir kale mix and juice into soup. Cook for 5 minutes or until kale just wilts.
- Sprinkle soup with parmesan. Serve with toasted bread.
Nutritions of Hearty lentil, bacon and vegetable soup recipecalories: 457.924 calories
calories: 9.1 grams fat
calories: 2.7 grams saturated fat
calories: 68.1 grams carbohydrates
calories: 28 grams protein
calories: 17 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 1438 milligrams sodium