With only 15 minutes prep time, this slow-cooked pot roast makes tender beef that is packed with flavour and is perfect for a winter family meal.
The ingredient of Beef pot roast recipe
- 1.5kg beef bolar blade or beef silverside roast
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 100g pancetta slices, finely chopped
- 2 brown onions, halved, cut into thin wedges
- 1 long fresh red chilli, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 500ml (2 cups) Tooheys Old beer
- 250ml (1 cup) passata
- 4 fresh thyme sprigs
- 2 fresh or dried bay leaves
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 bunch baby carrots, peeled, trimmed
- Steamed broccolini, to serve
- Mashed potato, to serve
The instruction how to make Beef pot roast recipe
- Preheat oven to 160C/180C fan forced. Place the beef on a clean chopping board. Season u2013 this helps caramelise the meat during browning.
- Heat the oil in a large flameproof casserole dish over medium-high heat. Cook the beef, turning, for 6-8 minutes or until browned. Transfer to a plate.
- Cook the pancetta in the pan over medium heat for 1-2 minutes or until golden. Add onion, chilli and garlic and stir for 3 minutes or until soft. Return beef to pan.
- Add the beer, passata, 125ml (1 u20442 cup) water, thyme, bay leaves and brown sugar to the pan. Bring to the boil.
- Cover and bake, turning the beef twice 1 during cooking, for 2 u20442 hours or until the beef is almost tender.
- Add carrots. Cover. Bake for 40 minutes or until beef is tender. Rest for 15 minutes. Serve with broccolini and mashed potato.
Nutritions of Beef pot roast recipecalories: