Herald in the cold weather with this mouth-watering beef roast topside with herb and garlic butter. Serve alongside steamed green beans and Brussels sprouts.
The ingredient of Roast beef with herb and garlic butter recipe
- 100g butter, softened
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tbs chopped oregano
- 1 tbs chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1.4kg Coles No Added Hormones Australian Beef Roast Topside
- 3 red onions, halved
- 750g washed potatoes, chopped
- 300g parsnip, peeled, chopped
- 2 tbs sour cream
- Steamed green beans, to serve
- Steamed brussels sprouts, to serve
- Oregano leaves, to serve
- Flat-leaf parsley leaves, to serve
The instruction how to make Roast beef with herb and garlic butter recipe
- Preheat oven to 180u00b0C. Combine the butter, garlic, chopped oregano and chopped parsley in a small bowl. Stir to combine.
- Rub half the butter mixture all over the beef. Heat a large frying pan over high heat. Cook the beef, turning, for 5 mins or until brown all over. Transfer the beef to a large roasting pan. Arrange the onion around the beef in the pan. Spray onion with olive oil spray. Roast for 1 hour 10 mins for medium or until beef is cooked to your liking, covering the beef with foil to prevent over browning, if needed.
- Meanwhile, place potato and parsnip in a large saucepan. Cover with cold water. Bring to the boil. Cook for 15 mins or until tender. Drain. Return to the pan with the sour cream. Use a potato masher or fork to mash until smooth. Season.
- Thickly slice the beef. Serve with onion, mash, remaining butter mixture, beans, Brussels sprouts, oregano leaves and parsley leaves.
Nutritions of Roast beef with herb and garlic butter recipecalories: