This easy beef, chickpea, pumpkin and coconut milk curry is ready in 30 minutes and packed with 2.5 serves of vegies.
The ingredient of Beef and chickpea korma with kachumber recipe
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 500g lean beef mince
- 1 brown onion, chopped
- 4cm piece fresh ginger, peeled, finely grated
- 1/3 cup korma curry paste
- 1/2 x 250g packet diced fresh pumpkin
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 400ml can coconut milk
- 400g can chickpeas, drained, rinsed
- 4 naan bread, warmed
- Plain Greek-style yoghurt, to serve
- Fresh mint leaves, to serve
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, halved, seeded, thinly sliced
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 tomato, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
The instruction how to make Beef and chickpea korma with kachumber recipe
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over high heat. Add mince. Cook, breaking up mince with a wooden spoon, for 5 minutes or until browned. Add brown onion. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until onion softens. Add ginger and curry paste. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until fragrant.
- Add pumpkin and tomato paste. Stir to combine. Add coconut milk and chickpeas. Bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer for 10 to 12 minutes or until pumpkin softens.
- Meanwhile, make Kachumber: Combine cucumber, red onion, tomato and lemon juice in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve curry mixture with naan, kachumber, yoghurt and mint leaves.
Nutritions of Beef and chickpea korma with kachumber recipecalories: 841.28 calories
calories: 47.1 grams fat
calories: 25.6 grams saturated fat
calories: 57.3 grams carbohydrates
calories: 39.5 grams protein
calories: 103 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 1501 milligrams sodium