I love a simple and fast pasta dish and this ravioli with sautéed asparagus and walnuts is exactly that – easy to put together and you can have dinner on the table in 15 minutes.
- 1 – 8 oz package of fresh ravioli – I used Trader Joes goat cheese and sun dried tomato ravioli
- ½ pound of asparagus – snap off the tough ends – chop asparagus into thirds or smaller.
- 1 half lemon
- 2 tbs butter
- ¼ cup walnut pieces
- 2 tbs minced parsley
- 6 twists of pepper
- 2 tbs grated parmesan plus some to serve at the table.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- While waiting for the water to boil, chop your asparagus into thirds (snap off tough white ends and discard). Mince parsley, squeeze lemon and measure out walnuts and butter.
- In a large sauce pan, melt 2 tbs of butter over medium heat until frothy. Add chopped asparagus to the pan, stir slightly to coat asparagus with butter and cover with the pan with a lid. The asparagus should be slightly damp when adding it to the pan. The pan should only be on medium heat so you don’t burn the butter or the asparagus. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes – depending on thickness of asparagus.
- While asparagus is cooking, add ravioli to boiling water and cook as per the package instructions – my package said 4 minutes. Drain when done and add to a bowl.