- homemade pie crust or store-bought crust
- 3 large eggs, room temp
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- ½ cup heavy cream OR full-fat canned coconut milk OR (nut) milk of choice
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- ⅛ tsp salt
- Big pinch of freshly grated nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons sugar, optional for a sweeter pie
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream (or canned coconut cream if paleo/dairy-free)
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar (or honey if paleo)
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Combine the pumpkin pie filling ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Pour this filling into either a homemade pie crust or a store-bought crust.
- Bake the pie for 60-65 minutes, checking on the pie periodically to make sure the crust isn’t getting too brown (if it looks brown, cover it with foil and continue to bake).
- Remove the pie from the oven. The filling should look mostly set but it’s okay if the center wiggles a bit as the pie will continue to cook as it cools.
- Allow the pie to cool for a couple hours then serve with whipped cream. If making the pie in advance, loosely cover and keep in the fridge for 3-4 days or tightly cover and keep in the freezer for up to two months.
how to make whipped cream
Pour the cream and sugar into a stand mixer (or use a hand-held electric mixer) and whisk on medium-high speed for 4-5 minutes, or until you see peaks form.
Read More Recipes klik myheartbeets.com