Spicy Chicken and Sweet Potato Meal Prep Magic! 3 big sheet pans + 45 minutes = healthy meals for a week
- 2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into small pieces
- 3 tablespoons spicy seasoning mix*
- a few tablespoons of olive oil
- 3 sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 5–6 cups broccoli florets (broccolini FTW)
- coarse sea salt and freshly cracked pepper
- avocado / hummus / lemon juice / chives / olive oil for serving
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Toss the chicken pieces with the spices and a quick stream of olive oil. Stir to combine; store in the fridge for about 30 minutes while you prep other ingredients.
- Arrange the vegetables on their own sheet pans (preferably ones with edges to catch drips, etc.). Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle generously with salt. Arrange the chicken on a separate sheet pan.
- Bake all ingredients for 12-15 minutes. Remove the broccoli and chicken. Stir sweet potatoes and roast another 15 minutes or so.
- Done! Divide your servings out into containers and be happy you have meal starters ready for the week!
- I am currently having a moment with this Cajun seasoning mix – it’s a super versatile mix of garlic, salt, onion, paprika, oregano, white pepper, and red pepper, and just the right amount of spicy for us. It would be really easy to make yourself, too, like so. But really, any spice mix you like could work here. The only guidelines I’d give would be to adjust based on salt and spiciness. So if your mix doesn’t have salt in it, add plenty of salt yourself, and if it’s not spicy enough, add a little cayenne.
- Also – any vegetables will work here! This is the combo we’re currently loving, but asparagus has treated us well as have kalettes, brussels, and carrots.